4.11.2011

Day Fifteen: Oldies vs Newbies

Okay, so I've spent a lot of time thinking about this. And there's honestly no new friends from this past year that I'm actually close with. My experience with getting close to new friends nowadays is not the best. I tend to get screwed over. So rather than talk about someone who is an okay friend now and likely to stab me in the back at some point. I'm dedicating this post to my best friend who has been there for me for 12 years.

Cara Jo Seargeant


Cara has grown into the most beautiful and amazing young woman. She is artistic and creative with a huge heart for those she loves. She has always been there for me, no matter what. Throughout the twelve years we've been best friends we have seen each other through thick n' thin. I know that no matter what happens she will always be by my side. People toss around the word best friend like it pertains to everyone they meet in life. (It drives me nuts). But a best friend isn't someone you can just toss aside like they never meant anything to you, a best friend is someone who slowly becomes a part of you. Cara Jo is truly my best friend and she always will be. I am so blessed to have her in my life and I love her with all my heart.
  
"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand." - Henri Nouwen

No comments:

Post a Comment